THIS IS NOT THE ADDED AUTHORIZATION PROGRAM WHICH IS NOW CLOSED.
For more information on the Added Authorization programs please click here.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 1 in 68 children has been identified with autism spectrum disorder (CDC, 3/27/14).
The Project Optimal™ Certificate in Autism Studies is an online distance learning program made up of 19 topic areas. Candidates will learn about and understand Autism Spectrum Disorders. In addition they will be able to conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment and then develop, implement, and monitor a Positive Behavioral Intervention Plan using person-centered approaches.
Who should take this course?
- Teachers who have students with autism in their classrooms.
- Paraprofessionals working with students who have special needs.
- Board members
- Parents of children with autism
- DIS Providers
This is a tablet friendly course
Method of DeliveryOnline, self paced, competency tested course consisting of 19 topic areas
In order to complete the program, a candidate must:
- Complete the coursework
- Complete the final survey
Project Optimal provides you with a range of ways in which you can pay for your program. By partnering with PayPal as a PayPal merchant, you can pay...
- using your PayPal account, if you have one.
- with any major Credit Card (simply select the "Don't have a PayPal account" option when on the payment screen)
- by selecting the "Bill Me Later" option when making your payment
In order to complete enrollment, you must first meet eligibility requirements. You are required to agree to the following to indicate eligibility:
- I am at least 18 years old.
- I have a high school diploma or GED.
- I agree to the terms and conditions.